Our school has joined the #ProjectLIT Community! Along with students in over 1,000 schools across the United States, we are reading books from the #ProjectLIT middle grade and young adult book lists. These books:
- are well-written and culturally relevant
- promote inclusion and diversity
- provide mirrors that reflect different cultures and help build identity
- provide windows that offer a view into someone else’s experience
- spark conversations
- promote empathy, kindness, and community
To participate, Raiders can:
- Track the ProjectLIT books you read (that you have not previously read!)
- When you have read 5, you will earn a cookie in the Raider Cafe
- When you have read 15, you will earn an invitation to the ProjectLIT Celebration in the spring.
- Read the ProjectLIT Book 0f the Month each month
- Attend the ProjectLIT Book Club meetings to talk about the Book of the Month and other books you have been reading!
Copies of the Book of the Month may be checked out from the library. If none of the library copies are available, extra copies can be checked out from Mrs. Bellomy. Use the form below to check out a copy: